Friday 16 December 2011

Himalayan Winter Holiday!

After a crazy day of doing last minute things in preparation for our holiday (getting passport pictures done, sorting out our flights (our original flight was cancelled and they put us on the WAITING list of another flight - not cool!) and buying sky jackets (not an easy thing to find in India!), we finally got to bed around 11:30pm last night and set our alarms for 3:30am. Husband was asleep within seconds. Usually its a race to see who can get to sleep first because the other person has to endure the snoring and twitches that starts.

I didn't sleep a wink. I really needed to pee the whole night, but not quite badly enough to actually get out of bed. So I laid there thinking about the things that I'd forgotten to pack, absolutely petrified that I'd forget them when I woke up. By 3 am I was so stressed out, I decided to just get up. I tip-toed out and made breakfast and wrote down my final check list. I'm absolutely exhausted but meh, I can sleep on the plane! I'll be that annoying passenger who sleeps and drools on their neighbour's shoulder. There's always one of those :)

Anyway, this will be my last post of 2011! See you all in the new year!






No comments:

Post a Comment