Thursday 19 January 2012

I have no words to describe how gross this drink is...


The only good thing about my smoothie?
It didn't whinge when I asked it to pose for pictures!

Am I missing something? Is it April’s Fools?! Because I just had a nasty little trick played on me. Here’s the back story: As part of my 2012 Health & Fitness goals (which sadly, aren't going all that well), I decided to eat more vegetables. I hate vegetables, but apparently they’re good for me, so I’m making an effort.
Anyway, I saw this spinach smoothie recipe on Pinterest that had rave reviews like: “Yummy!”; “Doesn’t taste ‘healthy’”; “Delicious!”; “I’ll be making it again!” and my personal favourite: “You can’t even taste the spinach”.

Well, I’m here to tell you, they’re lying.
It tastes absolutely FOUL. 
Yes you CAN taste the spinach.
NO it isn’t yummy.
YES it does taste healthy (if by 'healthy' you mean, "I need a vodka chaser just to get rid of the taste.").
Seriously! No wonder the people who make up shakes like this are all skinny – one sip and you lose your appetite for the rest of the day!

My conclusions? I’m really starting to re-think if all this ‘healthy eating’ is worth it.
Oh, and spinach is firmly off my Christmas Card List. 

No comments:

Post a Comment