Tuesday 27 September 2011

No turning back now!

It’s less than a week to go and unfortunately I’ve spent the last 2 days the way I think I’ll be spending most of my time while in India - on the toilet.

Even so, I've tried to stay focussed on the positives:
1) I can eat more food and it passes right through (let’s be honest, the best part of a meal is the eating, not the digesting)
2) I have more time for surfing the internet!

In fact, I found some really useful information today:

Here are the 3 most crucial commodities you won’t be able to find in India (so it’s best to bring them with you):
1. Underwear (especially well fitting bras)
2. Feminine hygiene products
3. Sanity (No one in India is sane?! I’ll fit right in then!)

When I have managed to leave the bathroom, I've been mournfully looking at all the clothes I have to leave behind. Josiah gets one (half of a) bag, and I get the rest. Still, I have to be mindful of not packing too much so I did a google search for tips on packing lightly. Here’s one piece of advice that stood out from the rest:

“One shirt, one pair of shorts, and one pair of undies will last you for months!”

That’s just gross! And no doubt written by a man.

Moving on, over the weekend we held our garage sale!
It was such a huge success that now our whole house is empty except for our bed, an esky and a microwave. Living without a fridge has been rather challenging, but I try to remind myself that people pay good money for this sort of experience and consider it a holiday (I think they call it 'camping').

Josiah did a great job as the salesman at the garage sale.



"Yes, come and buy stuff you don't actually want!"
Josiah was on such a roll, he went looking for more things to sell.
"Anyone want to buy a half eaten sandwich? You know you want to!"


A big shout out to Josiah's dad for taming our jungle-garden
before our final inspection!






No comments:

Post a Comment