Monday 26 September 2011

T minus 8 days


Isn’t it wonderful when your husband sells your washing machine without telling you? What a lovely surprise it is to walk into your laundry with a huge basket of dirty clothes, only to find your beloved and ever faithful helper (the washing machine, not the husband) has disappeared!!
Since our laundry is outside, I assumed that we had been robbed. At that stage I didn’t stop to wonder why anyone would want to steal my washer, or for that matter, why they didn’t take the dryer with them. 
I rushed back inside in hysterics, not stopping for the undies falling on the ground or the towels wrapping around my legs.
“It... it’s... it’s GONE!” I said to Josiah.
“What’s gone?!” He stood up.
“MY WASHING MACHINE!”
He sat back down.
“Oh, yeah I sold it. I told you that.”
“No you didn't!” 
Actually he had, but let's not dwell on it. 
I've decided that I'll just pop over to visit my dear sister a lot more often than I used to (and I'll just happen to bring my laundry when I visit...)





No comments:

Post a Comment