Wednesday 30 November 2011

Discovering the local markets

So it's the final episode of Walking Dead for another 3 months and I couldn't stop crying. Until Joe suggested we go do some shopping.


I love shopping. ANY kind of shopping. Even if its just for capsicums! Usually we'll pop out every night around 6 or 7 for ingredients for dinner. With local fruit and veg stalls just down the road, it takes no time at all and it's better than buying a whole bunch of vegetables that gets forgotten and starts to rot in the bottom of your fridge until your neighbours think you're hiding a dead body.

Anyway, today I wanted to share some pictures of the local markets with you all
They love to smile for the camera!


For when your mum refuses to clean your shoes for you anymore and you're too lazy to do it yourself.




Freshly squeeze Sugar Cane - for those who want diabetes.
Actually these guys called out to me and INSISTED that I take a photo of them and
got all excited when I showed them the picture. It was so cute!


Linking Road - apparently one of the top 5 places to shop in all Mumbai
I'm about as impressed as that girl in the purple.
So far no where beats Bangkok for shopping, especially when your dad is the 'Master Bargainer' and speaks Thai :)





This picture just makes me sad. At first I felt sorry for them having to live in such a horrible, dirty, unhygienic environment... then I saw the number of TV satellites (there were hundreds!) I suppose they don't want to miss a single episode of The Walking Dead either...
Can you spot the kids playing on the roof?






Not a great photo but I think the little boy's outfit is kinda cute!
He looked just like his dad. 






Chicken curry!
Sad to say, it looked the same on its way out too...
(oh you were hoping I wouldn't go there huh!?!)






It's very important to distinguish between the seeds and the flies before putting a slice in your mouth.



A chef preparing the roti for the restaurant.
I lost my appetite though when he scratched him bum, then touched the bread.

Ok, I'm done uploading pictures now. 
Bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment