Sunday 27 November 2011

Here's to the freakn weekend...I'll drink to that!

We've had a busy weekend consisting of far too much alcohol (I swear I'm never drinking again! At least until next weekend), lots of dancing, great food and of course, the best part - making friends with other drunkards!

I'm just going to post a whole bunch of pictures because I'm too hungover to type anything literate.



Friday night - we were off to check out Volare in Colaba and the cheapest and quickest way is by train
Here's Josiah hanging out the train just like the locals do
It's also a common way they die.


We caught the express train which meant we arrived VERY early (like before the restaurant was even officially open!) but they let us in.
I didn't waste any time getting stuck into their drinks list! Free drinks for the ladies..I'll say cheers to that!


Joe's fake beer (it's for men who like cocktails but don't want anyone else to know)
My first drink of the night. I have no idea what it was.


Dinner round 1 - chicken caesar salad


The grossest chocolate shake ever!! Glad I didn't have to pay for it!


Peri Peri Chicken with Garlic Mayonnaise - delicious! 
Had to fight Josiah for the last piece. 
He may have lost an eye in the struggle


Next round - a cosmo for me and a LIIT for Josiah


Judging by the look on my face, I think you can see they were definitely not mocktails



The music during dinner was so random!!
They played country, rap, top 40 plus some good old John Denver!


Our last dish - sicillian garlic chicken. It was SO tasty!


Drink number ... I don't know anymore...


Josiah's Strawberry Thing - Devine!!


We settled the bill and were thinking of leaving. We got as far as the bar...


and I decided that I should have one last cosmo for the road. 


So we never made it out the door.
One cosmo became 2, then 3
then they just kept coming!


I can't remember their names or how we even met them.
But they were drunk and so were we!




This guy beat me for the 'drunkest person in the club' award



These guys rocked!
By the end of the night, I'd just walk up to the bar and without having to ask, they'd start making me a cosmo.

Saturday was spent recovering which pretty much means lying in bed trying to forget all those embarrassing things you did the night before. Did I really break a cocktail glass while trying to climb onto the bar? Wasn't that just a horrible horrible dream? No?! Ugh. 


Anyway, by Saturday afternoon we were feeling much better and we decided we needed a new camera lens for our upcoming Christmas Holidays in Sikkim (so excited for it!!). We caught a train to CST station and found a legit Canon store with the exact lens we wanted for about 30% less than the price in Australia. Lets just hope it doesn't fall to bits within the first week!


the beautiful CST station


Next we caught a taxi to Marine Drive, the place where I get to act as a creepy tourist and take pictures of couples trying to have a romantic moment together. 
Marine Drive - Mumbai's place for romance

Indians don't really approve of PDA, but you wouldn't know it if you went to this place.
Some of the groping I saw reminded me of  "3am in the back of the taxi" sort of thing!
Back at home we got ready for our night at the Red Ant. One of the guys we met at Volare (the one with the glasses) had a friend who was DJing at the Red Ant and invited us along. We were only planning to stay a little while, but you know how it goes...you're having fun, you've got a drink in your hand and life is good. Before you know it you're drunk and dancing like a slut again! Just as I was perfecting my sprinkler dance move, it struck 1am, the lights came on, the music stopped and the nice waitstaff turned into crazed piranhas snapping at anyone who wasn't making their way out the door. I miss the days of dancing until dawn! 


I'll finish with a great recipe Josiah and I thought up. It's pretty lengthy, so try to keep up...
1) get strawberries, cream, vodka and ice
2) mix in a blender until smooth
3) say cheers, drink and wait for effects!



Cream - a strawberry's best friend!

Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment