Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tennessee: rolling prairies....and meth?

Just thought I'd give everyone a quick update. We were supposed to head to Nashville today but when we spotted the town of Chattanooga on google maps we just had to see it for ourselves!

What a mistake. We arrived at our motel this afternoon and there was a man on the balcony barking. Yes, BARKING. And cooing and clucking and swinging his arms above his head like an ape. Strangest hotel welcome ever.

Josiah went into the reception to get us checked in. I stayed in the car because I was absolutely exhausted after a long day of doing nothing. I started to regret my decision though because the man was to beginning to really creep me out. He'd decided to take his shirt off and was now struggling with the zipper of his pants. Eww.

I knew we'd be given a room right next to his. I just knew it. Sure enough, Josiah came out and pointed up to where the man was saying "Our room's up there sweetie!". 

I hate being right all the time. Seriously.

We asked for a different room and now we're in one that stinks to high hell but I'm too cheap to find another place to stay. I've got Josiah on door patrol which basically means he's swinging the door from side to side to help circulate the air because the air con is stuffed.

We're driving to Memphis tomorrow (which is over the other side of Tennessee) where I'll be going on a tour of Graceland and learning every intimate detail about Elvis (yay!). Josiah has no interest in him whatsoever, so he'll be sitting at a cafe catching up on some work and grateful he doesn't have to keep listen to me singing the only 3 lines of Blue Suede Shoes I know. 

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment