Wednesday 14 March 2012

Bangkok - the place to be (for a little while, at least)

My favourite thing about Thailand is (of course) the food. In fact, I'm in the process of eating my way through as many different types of the most mouth watering Thai street food in the name of "research" for a future post on it. Don't be jealous.
Ok, go ahead.
Anyway, my second favourite thing is how cheap everything is! For less than what we were paying for one week's rent in Brisbane, we have this serviced studio for a whole month. How ridiculous is that! I mean it's nothing fancy but it has a balcony, A/C, cable TV, own bathroom (which horrifyingly, has a hose where the toilet paper should be located. Man, I thought I'd left that "who needs toilet paper, just use your fingers" mentality back in India!), kitchenette & wi-fi all included. It doesn't have a stove though so we'll just have to contend with eating out. (Cue happy grin from Josiah).

Here's a shot of our room. Would you believe I actually tidied up a little before taking it?
To be fair, by "tidied" I mean I shoved as much into the cupboard as I could and dragged the suitcases to the corners of the room.
Mum taught me well.

Ta-Da!!


No comments:

Post a Comment