Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Bridesmaid Dress

We've had a lot of new experiences during our first year of marriage but being asked to be a bridesmaid and a groomsman for hubby's sister's upcoming wedding was one of the most exciting! The best part is the dress code - any floor length blue gown for me & a black suit for him - which means more flexibility for us since we'll be overseas until 2 weeks before the big day! Plus blue is totally my colour so I was delighted.

Before leaving New York, I dragged Josiah along to some formal dress stores. They were HUGE! Even their smallest stores were bigger than any bridal shop I went to in Brisbane. There were thousands and thousands of the most gorgeous dresses, grouped by colour. It was like walking through the most luscious rainbow. Dresses to me are like shoes to other women - an expensive compulsion.

Anyway, here's the dress we chose!
Sorry about the background
I've collected so much stuff, my suitcase practically EXPLODES open at the slightest touch


No comments:

Post a Comment