Tuesday 10 April 2012

Our month in Bangkok...in pictures

A collection of photos from our wonderful month in Thailand! If you've been following my tweets, you'll know we're in Cambodia now and I'm working on a few blog posts about our very STWESSFUL trip over!

Siam Paragon, the glitzy new shopping plaza on the block. Completely over priced and over rated in my opinion.
I personally preferred shopping at Siam Centre (right next door), Central World or Terminal 21

Terminal 21 Shopping Centre - where every level is a themed on a different city!
My favourite was San Fransico (complete with a giant orange bridge and miniature cars)
This statue was on the way to the cinemas

Our favourite restaurant in Bangkok.
As soon as we discovered it (which was only in our last week, sadly) we ate there every. single. day
Cheap food in an air conditioned environment = a winning formula in Bangkok
 
Ahh, heaven! Best chicken cashew nuts in Bangkok!
Only 79 Baht (~$2.50)

My daily commute into Thai language school
Fast and clean!
A big improvement on the horror trains in India

Can you believe we still managed to squeeze on?!
One big push from Josiah and suddenly there was a whole lot more space!

Josiah's dinner most nights: grilled "moo"
(which confusingly means 'pork' and not 'cow')

I reserve this big grin for special occasions...
like weddings, and birthdays...
but especially for Swensens!!!

25+ flavours - and WHY can't I try them all?
"Because I'll have to roll you home" Josiah replied

Our "Earthquake":
8 balls of delectable ice cream
(including the classic sticky-chewy-chocolate, the almond mocha and a scoop of strawberry cheesecake)
Far too much fake cream
And the worst synthetic cherries ever made.
But it was still bloody MARVELLOUS!

In the background you can see me showing Josiah how I was going to use my hands to scoop it all right into my mouth.


Did I mention I had to share it with Josiah?
A bummer, I know.
While I was distractedly showing him my "scooping" tactic for getting in the most ice cream,
he was busy gobbling it all himself!
Hence the rather satisfied grin on his face.

That wet looking pancake thing is supposed to be an omelette.
And yes, Josiah ordered 6 fried eggs.
All this (plus the foulest sausages ever) for $8/person.
A bargain? Err, I haven't quite decided.


Ok, judging from these pictures, it seems like all we did during our time in Bangkok was eat and go shopping.
Hmm...sounds about right, actually.


1 comment: