Wednesday 18 April 2012

Sihanoukville, Cambodia


Our room while we stayed at Serendipity beach.
It smelt like a damp, mouldy, shoe.
I thought I was going to die.
We left asap the next morning.
Cambodia Day 2: After reading so many positive reviews about Otres beach, we decided to check it out for ourselves. 
A motorcycle ride was the cheapest option so Josiah and I both hopped on behind the driver. To its credit, the motorcycle only sank about an inch. It was an uncomfortable and bumpy ride, with me squished in the middle. Whenever we'd go over a bump, either Josiah would slide forward or the driver would slide backwards. Either way I'd end up with even less space than I had a second earlier.

No doubt all you could see was 2 men on a bike with 4 really white limbs jutting outwards between them.

Otres beach – wow! I'm normally not a beachy person but this made me want to run into the water and forget how the ocean is really just a giant sewage vat for whales.

We spent a few hours there, sipping cocktails and watching the sun set over the sea. The food in Cambodia is the strangest mix of the usual Asian cuisine (curries etc) and Western staples (baguettes are REALLY popular here and they're eaten almost as often as rice). 

The most exciting thing I saw all day though was when we stopped in at the local supermarket: 1L bottle of Grey Goose Vodka for only $25. And Baileys was going for $10. 

$10!!

I'll finish my post here because my guess is you're either writing up a list of the alcohol that you want me to buy for you (I'm talking about you April) or you're booking a one way ticket over.

Ever since I saw 'I am Ledgend'
I always think about zombies when the sun starts to set
I call this photo "Optimistic Fisherman"
Cause even I know there's nothing but rubbish left in the Gulf of Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment